Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Letter to Senator Mike Crapo

Jeff McGough
1027 W 12th St.
Meridian, Idaho 83642


Senator Mike Crapo
251 East Front Street
Boise, Idaho 83702
Dear Senator Crapo,
I am currently a student at College of Western Idaho and I am conducting research for a semester long project on poverty and hunger, both globally and locally. Through the research that I have conducted thus far I have discovered many ways in which the governments of the world are attempting to help aid in the fight against poverty.
I understand your time is very valuable but I would be honored if you would answer a few questions.
The Millennium Development Goals have been developed to bring the world together and to end world poverty by 2015. What are the most successful anti-poverty/anti-hunger programs have been established in Idaho and why have they been so successful? Many of the men and women I have talked to have expressed their concern about the job outlook in Idaho. How is the government working to create new jobs and to aid those who are unable to get jobs? Families all over America constantly struggle to keep up with bills, afford food and provide for their children. What would you say to the mother or father that is experiencing these issues? Finally, panhandling has come under a lot of criticism even though people are choosing to give in this form of donation. What can Idahoans do individually to aid their fellow community members besides food bank donations?
I really appreciate any information that you can provide for me. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
Jeff McGough

No comments:

Post a Comment